St. John’s supports the work of the church and others elsewhere:
- The work of Abuna Elias Chacour in Ibillin, Galilee, Israel. [www.ukashray.wordpress.com]
- The work of the Church in the Diocese of Lango, Uganda
- The Michael Project in Harare, Zimbabwe, and the work of David and Helen Hobbs. [www.themichaelproject.org]
- Pannai Orphanage and the King’s School at Kasam, Katpadi, Vellore in South India. [www.mbkgpkasam.org] [ Latest newsletter] [St John’s visit to Pannai Orphanage – 2008]
- Shanthigramam – the leprosy village at Karigiri in South India. [more information]
- The Church Mission Society: the work of CMS in South Sudan. [www.cms-uk.org]
- Lynn Treneary is our new CMS partner. Lynn will be going out to South Sudan. She will be teaching English at the Chaima Christian Institute in Maridi (CCIM), 295 km from the capital Juba, and will be very involved in the life of the Mothers’ Union as well as local church life.
- View the newsletters from Lynn Treneary – our new CMS contact in South Sudan
[CMS Link Letter 1] [CMS Link Letter 2] [CMS Link Letter 3]
- The work of the Mothers’ Union in the Literacy Project in East Africa. [www.themothersunion.org]
- The work of Christian Aid. [www.christian-aid.org.uk]
- The work of the Fairtrade Foundation (Traidcraft). [www.fairtrade.org.uk]
- Local organisations in Alresford with a charitable purpose.
- The work of the Winchester Nightshelter. [www.wcns.org.uk]
- The Parish of St.Wilfrid, Newbiggin Hall, Diocese of Newcastle.
- The church’s ministry in Winchester Prison.