If you are a taxpayer (that's income or capital gains tax) then if you Gift Aid your giving the church receives an additional 25p for every £ you give! Last year we received over £16,000 from the Inland Revenue in this way!
- By regular Direct Debit from your bank account. Your donation is taken monthly from your bank account by a central office and your donation,
plus recovered Gift Aid, is transferred to the parish a few days later.
You also have the option of increasing your giving every year in line with inflation,
should you wish to do so, without any further form filling. This is our preferred option.
- By regular Standing Order from your
bank account. This can be monthly, quarterly, half yearly or annually although
most people pay monthly.
- By coloured Weekly Envelopes. These coloured
envelopes have a number on them which identifies you, and they are dated,
one for each Sunday in the year. You decide how much to give regularly
each week, put the money in the envelope and place it in the collection.
As the envelopes are dated you know if you are behind!
- By numbered white envelopes. These envelopes
do not have a date on them, nor do you have to decide on a regular weekly
amount. You simply put as much as you like in the envelope when you come
to church These envelopes are also used by people who have Standing Orders
so they can put a little extra in the collection.
- You may also see blue envelopes. These are available at the back of the church and require you to fill in your name and address. They are for the use of casual visitors and they are also used when we have a Special Appeal, such as a specific disaster relief appeal.
With all the above methods you can Gift Aid your giving, all that is needed is for you to sign a Gift Aid Declaration once.
You can of course just put money in the collection plate. However this has two potential disadvantages: firstly if you are a taxpayer we cannot reclaim the tax; and, secondly, it does not help you to make a regular giving commitment to the church.
If you would like to give regularly to St Johns Church, please contact:
- Giving Secretary : David
or by post to:
Giving Secretary, St John the Baptist Church, 1 Shepherd's Down, Alresford, Hampshire SO24 9PP